17 Aug ‘Did you know?’ Thursdays
Did you know that…
many more women are now travelling solo both for leisure and for business? There are risks that a woman traveling alone faces, which don’t necessarily affect men to the same extent. Buzzfeed recently published a list of simple and clever safety tips, which can be useful to women (and men) travelling solo. Here are some of them :
- Read TripAdvisor, Hostelz, and Oyster reviews: you’ll learn about other visitors’ experiences of hotels and of the neighborhood they’re in, so you can see which areas seem safe.
- Choose your Airbnb or Couchsurfing host based on the number and quality of reviews (they should have a lot of good reviews)
- Share your travel itinerary with someone back home
- Purchase international phone plans prior to departure: these can be handy in emergencies
- Pack a portable window or door alarm: these can make your accommodation safer; the door alarm can also ensure more privacy if you’re sharing a bathroom with others
Read more tips here.