13 Apr ‘Did you know?’ Thursdays
What do you know about stalking?
Here are some facts:
- According to the Crime Survey of England and Wales up to 700, 000 women are stalked each year
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 10 men will experience staking in their adult life (Homicides, Firearm offences and intimate violence 2009/10; Supplementary Volume 2 to Crime in England and Wales 2009/10 2nd Edition. Home Office Statistical Bulletin 01/11)
- Victims generally wait till the 100th incident before reporting to the police (Sheridan, 2005).
- Over 85% of stalking victims are stalked by someone they know
- 61% of female victims and 44% of male victims of stalking are stalked by a current or former intimate partner
Click here to find out more about stalking.
Are you a victim of stalking? Click here to get in touch, or give us a call on 2122 8333